servicesAs a fully licensed and bonded remitter, we start trucking companies from the ground up and keep them licensed and permitted.

close up of front of semi truck driving down highwayIllinois Base Plates
We can plate any vehicle from a motorcycle to an 80,000 pound semi-truck. Illinois requires vehicles to be titled in Illinois prior to issuing plates.

Safety Support can title and plate your vehicle at the same time if necessary. Call us for details.

empty highway with trees lining both sides and blue sky in backgroundPermitting and Fuel tax is an intimidating process—let us take the mystery out of it for you.

Please see the Chart Below to understand the permitting and fuel tax process.

flat bed semi truck hauling car along highwayWe can transfer the title of any vehicle you own, such as a motorcycle, passenger vehicle, truck, tractor or trailer.

All vehicles in the state need to have a title, when you buy or sell a vehicle; a title transfer must take place to allow the Secretary of State office to keep track of who currently owns the vehicle.

corporationsIt is not mandatory to incorporate before getting license plates, however, it is a wise business decision.  Corporations protect you from losing your personal assets (car, home, personal savings) in the event of a major accident or legal judgments.

close up of semi truck tiresFor Hire Carriers – If you would like to get paid to haul products that you do not own, you need to apply for operating authority.

There are different authorities you might need.

white and red semi truck driving down rural highwayHeavy Highway Use Tax is also known as the 2290 tax and is required to be paid on vehicles that are plated at 55,000 pounds or more. It is prorated and due by the last day of the next month when you purchase a vehicle. Annually, it is due by the last day of August.